Important 2019 W-2 Information and Tax Updates
The primary focus for this year’s W-2 season is to offer you early access to your 2019 W-2 by simply registering for electronic delivery. Please review the following fast approaching deadlines and act immediately. For your convenience, direct links have been provided throughout this communication.
Prior to W-2 issuance:
- Don’t wait for documents to be printed, mailed, and delivered via first class mail. Register to receive your 2019 W-2 electronically by December 27, 2019 at Paperless Employee.
- Electronic delivery affords you early access to your 2019 W-2, which is tentatively scheduled for January 25, 2020.
- Reprints of your 2019 W-2 are free through October 15, 2020 when your 2019 W-2 is delivered electronically.
- A user guide provided in the welcome message at Paperless Employee will give you instructions on how to create an account using your employee identification number and two other values required to verify your identity, reset your password for already established accounts, change your delivery method, and more. Contact your local branch for complex inquiries that are not addressed by the user guide.
- Associates that have not registered for electronic delivery by December 27, 2019, will have their 2019 W-2 mailed via first class mail to the address of record no later than January 31, 2020.
- Tax documents are not forwarded by the postal service. Therefore, if you have moved, it is imperative that you update your address. Your home address, email, and phone number can be changed through the mobile app or by contacting your local branch office. Address changes must be submitted and processed in the system no later than December 27, 2019.
- Some address changes will require tax forms to be completed prior to the change being applied to the system. If you live in a state or locality that requires tax forms, please submit your address change and forms to the local branch.
- Review your latest paystub and report your questions or irregularities to your local branch no later than December 27, 2019.
Post W-2 issuance:
- Reprints for 2019 W-2s delivered by first class mail will be available beginning February 17, 2020, via Paperless Employee.
- All associates are allotted one free reprint per tax year in addition to the originally issued W-2. Additional reprints will be available for a fee of $10.
- 2019 W-2 correction requests will be available beginning February 17, 2020.
- Subsequent communications regarding the new 2020 Federal W-4, Federal and State required re-election of the exempt status, and changes to the tax table and wage bases will be forthcoming.