We've asked 29,000 workers what matters most to them. Join our webinar on April 13th to find out what they said! Click here to read more.close
immediate consideration please send resume to email@example.com (tax specialist Duluth GA)
Do you have experience with, and appreciate working in, payroll tax?
Would you like to work for an amazing company that will appreciate your skills?
Apply today! We are hiring quickly.
This is a great opportunity for a payroll tax professional with skills in payroll tax notice resolution at the federal, state, and local levels for a multi-entity $3B nationwide company.
Job Summary: Primary responsibilities are managing tax notice resolution and prevention by using your great organizational skills to proactively set up accounts and audit processes to ensure good standing and timely reconciliation. Other payroll tax related duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Review and analyze tax notices as they are scanned into our Agency Notice Tracking System.
- Administer and catalog the notices within the system appropriately.
- Research and identify the cause of each tax notice using multiple payroll platforms and back-office systems.
- Communicate with federal, state, and local tax agencies (via various methods) to determine the path to issue resolution.
- Oversee and manage all notice resolution by providing the required workflow and reporting to the agency to resolve the notice.
- Provide weekly updates to leadership on the status of assigned notices.
- Perform monthly audit of all payroll tax systems to ensure unemployment tax rates are updated.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in payroll tax processing or tax notice resolution
- Multi-state/FEIN organization experience preferred.
- Proficiency Excel to include V-Lookup, Pivot Tables and Macros.
Hours of Work: Standard business hours, Monday through Friday
This is a remote position with the expectation and ability to attend in-office meetings in Duluth, GA periodically as needed.