We are urgently seeking a Part-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse to join our team in Long Beach!
Pay: Up to $35/hr.
PT Hours: 21-24 hours per week Tuesday through Thursday
Location: 4 different location in the Long Beach area. Office setting with medication rooms, do not need to drive.
About the Company: Approximately 400 employees. Focused on the homeless population with divisions in vets and their families, young adults (18-25) and the general homeless population
Role Summary: This position will act as a resource for the interdisciplinary team regarding management of physical healthcare needs and medications. The LVN/LPT will address health issues, attend to modifiable risk factors, and assist members in becoming engaged partners to improve overall health and well-being based on the psychosocial rehabilitation model of treatment and services.
- The nurses will not be working/providing care in your typical hospital/clinic setting, but onsite at our various locations/offices in Long Beach
- Considering candidates who are looking for both part-time and full-time hours
- Candidates must pass a background & LIVE Scan
- TB test & COVID19 Vaccine
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide coaching, counseling, mentoring, advocacy, instruction, training, feedback, and positive reinforcement for member in areas such as housing, employment, education, community integration, and case management
- Maintain all records and documentation in accordance with MHALA, County Contracted Provider, and funding source standards and requirements, and documents in required program, including 24 hour turnaround documentation as well as a monthly productivity expectation of 100 billable hours
- Demonstrate responsibility for the proper transcribing, administration, monitoring, and managing of medications.
- Display knowledge of adverse side effects, indications for use, and contraindications of medications
- Complete assessments regarding physical and mental health status. Develop appropriate plan of care and interventions.
- Assist in the collection of health information. Monitor and manage health conditions by taking measurements of weight/BMI, blood pressure, glucose levels, and lipid profiles
- Develop collaborative relationship with psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physical health care providers and interdisciplinary personnel to address complex needs of individual members
- Provide education to members regarding health promotion, medications, and disease management. Focus on skill building to enhance member’s ability to handle health concerns independently
- Display basic knowledge of available benefits and programs for underserved populations
- Educate Personal Service Coordinators and aids with medication assessments
- Develop a Recovery Plan with each member that identifies his/her personal needs and goals
- Outreach members in their place of residence, hospitals, jails, or community to further engage in recovery process
- Transport members to appointments and on errands when appropriate
- Able to recognize the characteristics of individuals who are substance abusing and/or dually diagnosed, and have knowledge of local services available for dually diagnosed individuals
Other Position Requirements:
- Current licensure with the State of California as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician and graduated from an accredited Vocational School of Nursing or Psychiatric Technician program
- Must have a LPS designation or be qualified in a timely manner by the LA County Department of Mental Health to write involuntary holds per section 5150 of the California Welfare and Institutions Code
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Certified in CPR/AED upon hire and bi-annually thereafter
- Must have good basic English writing skills, good basic computer skills and be highly organized. Must have excellent communication skills
- Must function well in a team-oriented approach to member services
- Must possess a high level of tolerance, patience, and understanding for individuals who present for services with multiple needs, issues, and problematic behavioral characteristics in a busy and unstructured work atmosphere
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to nurture and maintain good community relations on behalf of the organization.
- Knowledgeable in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings or weekends, and on call cell phone services when necessary
- TB clearance and yearly re-testing is a condition of employment
- COVID vaccination is required for this position. Accommodations will be considered upon proof of a legal exemption.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR UPDATED RESUME TO: Alejandra.Loya@Remx.com