RemX is proud to partner with Governmental organization seeking for an Audit Manager to be part of their Guardianship team.
Audit Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervises the work performed by the guardianship auditors and staff; plans, and directs the guardianship auditors’ control activities; provides support for assigned staff
- Ensures the work of all guardianship audit staff is in compliance with all regulatory bodies, mandates, laws, and organizational policies
- Makes recommendations and decisions related to the audit processes and the work of probate employees
- Interacts with the judiciary, attorneys, guardians, and paralegals
- Initiates financial, compliance, performance audits and reviews, management and internal consulting studies, as well as investigations of topical matters of concern
- Develops and reviews policies as it relates to the guardianship program; implements new policies when changes in law and legislature arise
- Advises on and participates in the development of policies and procedures for the guardianship program in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Ensures that the guardianship program’s perspective is voiced and that appropriate controls are proactively designed and implemented regarding critical business and technology initiatives and projects
Certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in accounting; supplemented by four (4) years of auditing experience, including at least one (1) year in a supervisory role; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration and three (3) years of work in managing an auditing function.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced accounting and audit knowledge, particularly those which pertain to governmental organizations
- Considerable knowledge of Florida laws, practices, rules, and regulations
- Skill in performing operational analyses including modeling, asset management, risk evaluation, and overall assessment
- Skill in promoting best practices in local government, accounting, and auditing
- Skill in promoting staff to perform detailed work and act ethically, honestly, and with credibility
- Skill in dealing with the pressure and ambiguity of complex and controversial issues and situation