Job Opening: LVN (Urgent Hire)
One of the largest healthcare providers in Southern California is looking for their next LVN’s. There are multiple openings currently in South and West Los Angeles greater area.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician provides nursing care in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies and procedures. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice and treats coworkers, patients, families and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional’s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess & monitor patients’ condition & notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare & administer medications as directed by physician order following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment & supplies.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique & infection control.
- Provide medical information & education to patients, following established protocols & guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment & nursing procedures following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Patient/Care Procedures: Explain purpose & process of examinations, tests & medical procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Instruct patients on general health & basic self care procedures.
- Review, explain & clarify physician orders with patient.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- 1 year LVN experience.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current Basic Life Support card.