Our client, a media company with an exceptional work environment has a permanent opening for a Sr Software Application Developer
- Contribute to the successful and on-time delivery of a consistent flow of new features, enhancements and improvements to customers and business users with high quality results. Develop well informed task estimates for any projects worked and execute work and report status against task plans. Participate in operational support and escalation processes to minimize impact of system malfunctions on consumer facing products.
- Adhere to development processes including the development of all required documentation, defining performance specifications, and conducting design and code reviews. Produce high quality designs and optimal solutions against requirements, architectural guidelines, and performance expectations. Establish code quality goals, define and perform unit and integration testing, and demonstrate through measurable results. Create training materials and facilitate knowledge transfer. Identify deficiencies in standard processes and suggest changes to improve the efficiency and quality of engineering.
- Is intimately familiar with all of our products and services; possesses solid knowledge of our competitor’s products and services; understands the dynamics related to the industries participates; understands how outside forces could affect our customers, our products and company; understands the dynamics behind products, services and business models.
- Design and develop highly modular object-oriented code with extensibility
- Must have strong communication abilities to articulate technology-based decisions
- Minimum 5-10 years developing business applications
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated application development experience in the following areas: user interfaces, multi-tier architectures, asynchronous processes
- Experience in building quality code adhering to industry standard coding practices
- Experience in Test Driven Development, unit testing, and dependency injection (DI)
- Experience in cable TV, Video on Demand and on line advertising is a plus
- Strong project and resource management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Work in a fast-paced continual learning environment. Requires independent education with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies to solve business issues
- Ability to translate business objectives into programming initiatives and requirements.
- Ability to positively influence people both internally and externally.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience.
Achieve all of the above primary accountabilities by:
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting practices
- Managing resources and relationships - internally and externally.
- Consistently evaluating processes - recommending changes when appropriate.
- Communicating throughout organization.
- Initiating new, creative ideas.
- Having a willingness to be flexible - adapting to new paths.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Being a team player and working cross-functionally.