Manager, Project Management
Our client in the financial industry is looking for a Manager of Project Management based in the Yardley, PA area.
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Manage 5-10 project management personnel
- Minimal travel is required. Various offices are in Central NJ and Bucks County PA. Must have valid driver's license.
- Manage the project managers to utilize the standardized process
- Lead development of standardized project management processes
- Work with project manager and sales team to implement standardized process.
- Study and implement the tools to enhance our processes and ability to monitor, manage and measure projects throughout their lives
- Lead reviews of projects with sales and project management personnel to ensure cost estimates are accurate, seek opportunities for cost savings, check for costing accuracy and determine readiness for closure.
- Grow project management capabilities so that our sales persons gain additional time to sale more projects.
- Manage project work flow and project management resources
- Identify issues with projects and obtain resources to address the difficulties being encountered.
- Work with cost analysis team to identify project margins that will not meet the estimate and ensure that is recognized by finance.
- Independently managing large, cross-functional, projects across all phases of the project management life cycle and / or software development life cycle (SDLC) ensuring results are of the highest quality
- Overseeing the planning and coaching of multiple projects across the organization using Agile delivery methods.
- Developing comprehensive project schedules, and ensuring tracking mechanisms are in place for all work, task and project assignments.
- Working collaboratively with partners within the groups, across other business as needed, while identifying inefficiencies in project execution and collaborating with project team to establish and implement process improvements.
- Understanding business benefit impact and managing stakeholder expectations, while proactively keeping the stakeholders informed about project statuses and issues that may impact progress
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.