The Logistics Planner is an entry level role within the Transportation Planning Department. This role is responsible for Routing, Dispatching and Tracking Delivery Vehicles while monitoring DOT Compliance, Productivity, Safety, and assisting local management on identifying areas of improvement. The Logistics Planner works with the Distribution Center Management teams to ensure that efficiencies are maximized and the low cost solutions are used in every applicable situation.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Daily route & load planning of Distribution and Transportation Planning (DSD) orders
- Continuous Improvement of DSD processes
- Utilize Dispatching and Load Creation Software to identify and provide the lowest cost delivery solution to the assigned DC’s
- Provide daily communication on Delivery Minimum exceptions and Off-Day deliveries to DC Mgmt. teams.
- Provide daily communication to distribution center management on labor and equipment needs based on volume, workload, time, cubes, weight, etc. for delivery.
- Complete daily Routing and Truck Diagramming activities in most efficient and effective manner
- Utilize Business Intelligence tools to identify opportunities for improvement in driver productivity and route efficiency
- Use Routing Software or similar tools to perform Route Optimization projects
- Monitor Route performance through analysis of data from on board computer systems
- Review On-Board computer data for Hours of Service problems and Safety violations
- Give daily feedback to local management of safety issues, compliance problems, underperforming drivers, customer issues, etc.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Pay: $14 - $16 depending on experience
Available Shifts: (Monday through Saturday)
1st Shift - 4AM - 12PM
2nd Shift - 12PM - 8PM
3rd Shift: 8PM - 4AM
- Previous dispatch experience preferred
- Able to handle high amount of inbound calls
- Experience with dispatch software a plus
- Must be extremely detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skill set
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
- Proficient computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and database programs
Required Skills and Experience:
- One plus year of Supply Chain/Logistics experience
- Effective communication skills – oral, written and ability to make presentations
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
- Strong customer service, collaboration and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Route Planning and/or Route Optimization experience
- Cognos or similar Business Intelligence Suite experience
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma tools
- Experience with Truck Load Diagramming Tools
- APICS Certification preferred
- One year of Planning or Analytical experience