The Claims Representative handles low to mid-range exposure bodily injury and property damage claims under companies self-insured, self-administered liability program. This position investigates and adjusts claims, as well as directs independent adjusters, experts, and other vendors in the claims handling processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists Claim Manager in the identification of exposures and recommends solutions.
- Investigates and adjusts claims, as well as directs independent adjusters, experts, and other vendors in the claim handling processes.
- Alerts Claim Manager to changes and proposed changes in laws that could impact Ryder's liability program
- Interacts, on an on-going basis, with field and operations management, legal counsel, safety managers, customers, insurance carriers, and third party claimants
- Updates field operations personnel on claim status
- Supervises outside vendors and experts retained to assist in the investigation
- Manages litigation to ensure claims are handled appropriately, according to the applicable jurisdiction
- Manages indemnity and expense costs properly
- Interacts with primary and excess insurance carriers, and re-insurers on files meeting reporting thresholds
- Recommends and sets reserves to ensure the reserves represent the probable ultimate payout based on documented file developments