RemX Irvine is looking for a Cost Accountant for our client in the city of Seal Beach Direct Hire offering $69,000-78,000p/yr.
Cost Accountant Duties:
- Analyze the actual costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Provide cost information for updating ERPLx.
- Identify monthly material consumption, quantity, labor cost, processing production month end closing and book monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial reporting (CIP, PPV) and balance sheet reconciliations (inventory, liabilities);
- Prepare inventory movement and analysis.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Manage physical inventory cycle count and fixed asset.
- Insure that proper financial controls exist in Inventory, Fixed Assets, and Requisition to Payment. Insure that all tasks are performed in compliance with internal controls and the Code of Ethics.
- Maintain cost accounting system. Make enhancements to financial systems as business needs change to support our internal customers. Provide support as required for system implementations and upgrades.
- Coordinating monthly closings and financial reporting, managing the budget preparation. process from schedule planning to final presentation.
- Overseeing the standard costing process, ensuring the proper financial controls are in place.
- Drive improvements in our financial systems.
- Managing fixed asset movement and reconciling to GL accounts.
- Training and developing skills of other finance personnel.
- Partnering with others at the site to evaluate business decisions and insure financial objectives are met.
- Reports to Controller.
Cost Accountants Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in a related job or company; Prior experience in Manufacturing Cost Accounting desirable; Prior experience with BPCS/ERPLx and PeopleSoft or similar software systems a plus.
- Possess the ability to understand and correlate complex business issues into simple cause and effect explanations; Excellent formal and informal written and oral communication skills; Willingness to be held accountable for producing accurate information and to perform tasks by the highest ethical standards
- Expert command of standard MS Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Potential monthly travel required to Union City, GA. and Seattle, WA