RemX Engineering has a few great opportunities for Mechanism Design Engineers for direct hire and contract positions based out of Mojave, CA. The Mechanisms Design Engineers will work on the design, performance, manufacturing, and installation of complex interior mechanism designs on innovative aircraft platforms. Experience in developing and verifying manned space systems for extreme environments is strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will have experience in spaceflight mechanism development with an emphasis on two-fault tolerant mechanical systems.
- Develop parametric CATIA V5 modes that can be used to refine final mechanical designs
- Develop and validate design requirements, including creation of integrated verification plans for compliance and certification
- Support the creation of test plans to verify design intent, requirements and functionality
- Work directly with prototype and production shop personnel to optimize design concepts
- Support the review of production planning and procedures to ensure compliance with design requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or a related Engineering field
- 5+ years’ experience in preliminary design, performance and integration of complex mechanical and electro-mechanical installations
- Excellent CATIA V5 skills including use of CATIA kinematic tools
- Understanding of dual-fault tolerance and ability to create designs with this as an objective
- Experience using Product Lifecycle Management tools
- In accordance with the ITAR, (22 CFR §120.15) applicants must qualify as a US Person. A US Person is defined as a person who is US Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, “Green Card Holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a “Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Location: Mojave CA
Position Type: Direct Hire and Contract openings available
Pay Range: Negotiable based on experience