RemX is seeking an Inventory Accountant that can provide analysis of inventory and manufacturing costs to assist the leadership team in determining the root causes for deviation from forecasts and plans. Also, ensures generally accepted accounting principles and company policies are adhered to; calculate costs for materials, labor and manufacturing overhead by product line or as otherwise appropriate. Maintain accounting controls for materials, work-in-progress and finished goods inventories. Assists in budgetary planning and determination of profit/loss including inventory valuation and provides manufacturing data to plant management on operation conditions and efficiency.
- Provide raw material balance within the facility including WIP and finished goods.
- Analyze materials usage to ensure all materials are accounted for.
- Determine costs for products for comparison to cost estimates.
- Assist in establishing standard procedures.
- Assist in monthly and annual physical inventories.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of facility capital expenditures and operating expense budgets.
- Maintain due diligence, analyzes, and approve all facility utility bills, freight charges, etc. Investigate and resolve abnormal variances.
- Perform regular audits of all accounting control functions of the facility.
- Prepare reports for the Plant Controller and Corporate Accounting reflecting changes in operating/production costs, inventory record accuracy, material balance, etc.
- Analyze production data and reports results of weekly production data.
- Report/graph trends on production data as appropriate.
- Participate in the month end close process.
- Maintain proper balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.