IT Project Manager (PMP)
We have an immediate opening for an experienced IT Project Manager in Phoenix with a great company! If you have around 5 to 7 years of technical project management experience, please consider applying to this role today!
- The Project Manager handles all phases of exceptionally large and complex long-term strategic projects related to Information Systems and Technology for the Office of Enterprise Technology and works extensively with budgeting and resource identification.
- In this role, responsibility for the coordination and direction of project teams and ensuring that all projects are completed on time is critical. In addition, the Project Manager must maintain control on project scope, schedule, and budget
- Lead and manage the successful implementation of technology projects in accordance with project management standards including the development of project proposals, project charters, work breakdown structures, and detailed project plans and project schedules.
- Determine resource allocations for the defined project tasks and monitor tasks to completion. Manage and maintain project scope.
- Develop and manage detailed Risk Management and Issue Management Plans and actively mitigate risks and resolve issues to ensure project success.
- Coordinate work of internal and external project team members. Provide leadership and guidance to project personnel. Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including vendors. Serve on various committees, teams and work groups.
- Validate that all vendors fulfill the terms of contract and deliverables. Maintain historical project records including financial documents (e.g., timecards and invoices).
- Develop and maintain regular reports to executive leadership, project team members, and stakeholders. Effectively communicate risks, issues, and decisions in a timely and well thought-out manner.
- Ability to comprehend complex, technical subjects and translate to lay audiences.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques used in managing information technology systems design projects.
- Knowledge of County Government programs, the associated data and business functions, and an understanding of the County’s budgeting and fiscal control procedures.
- Ability to lead and manage technical teams in the delivery of projects and services toward a common vision.
- Skill in systematically gathering relevant information from different sources to address issues and make prompt and insightful decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Skill in making articulate and effective oral presentations to different levels of audiences.
- Skill in effective interpersonal relationships including teamwork, issue resolution, negotiation, and customer relationship management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
- Background in PMI, COBIT, ITIL, and ISO 20000 standards.
- Experience working with environmental organizations.
- Experience working with an organization providing permits or licenses.
- Experience managing and working with a vendor that is providing a business solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field and seven (7) years of project management experience. An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or job-related experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- Experience working in a Project Management Office environment. Experience working within the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework.
- Experience using agile methods.
Apply now if you think you're a fit!