- Pulls charts for scheduled appointments in advance according to guidelines. Copies, mails, and/or faxes patient chart information as requested and authorized. Documents all processes.
- Locates missing charts as needed. Assists in preparing and filing all internal and external correspondence and medical reports into patients' medical record according to filing system. Sorts and files all returned charts pulling any outguides.
- Picks up outguides at designated locations and returns to Medical Records.
- Pulls charts, files outguides, and delivers requested charts to designated locations. Makes copies of dictated interval notes accordingly. Replaces damaged charts as needed, and/or starts a second volume when chart space has been maximized.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
- Back up for phone operator.
Work Schedule: 8:30am-5:00pm, M-F
**This is a 2 month contract position.**
Previous medical office experience is required.**
Previous experience as a Medical Records Tech is preferred.