The Procurement Coordinator will purchase goods and related capital equipment, assure material availability and general pricing trends in support the successful introduction of saleable and promotional initiatives by ensuring their design corresponds with plant machinery and procedures, and maintaining the quality of the product for the consumer as well as meet required criteria in terms of functionality, manufacturability, aesthetics, safety, innovation and creativity and recyclability and sustainability. The individual will also support existing business through package revisions, defect analysis, cost improvement projects while managing the supply base for all materials for the commodity group.
- Collaborate with PCD teams (Marketing, Creative, R&D and Purchasing) during the conception and evaluation phases of new projects and participate in supplier selection in correlating feasibility of new packaging related functionality, compatibility and quality which will include but is not limited to:
- Determine component pack-out (shipper development, shipper copy).
- Compile and enter logistic data – TBD with OPI TPD.
- Set-up Parts List, BOM creation, Source List, Info Record
- Create Assembly Instruction and request quotes from vendor
- Enable the improvement and standardization of packaging on existing products with focus on performance and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain pallet patterns, weights, and measurements and communicate information to appropriate departments.
- Participate in the launch definition via the official kick-off meeting with PCD.
- Ensure launch quality and design integrity, on time, and within agreed upon cost objectives.
- Resolve component and specification issues for approved and ongoing packaging.