Provides advanced administrative support associated with office operations. Usually deals with complex and confidential departmental information. No instruction on routine work, general instructions on new projects.
• Completes special projects/ad-hoc reports, including designing graphic presentations, as delegated by management.
• Orchestrates and organizes project meetings, schedules and materials such as agendas, timelines, reports and presentations.
• Takes minutes.
• May perform desktop publishing.
• Uses a variety of software to compose letters/prepares reports for executive/manager review.
• Maintains confidential department files and records.
• Maintains manager/executives calendar; arranges meetings, conferences and travel itineraries.
• Screens telephone calls/visitors, refers to appropriate staff member.
• Interprets policies and procedures in response to inquiries.
• May provide information to top level management, Board Members. etc.
• Reviews/screens manager/executives mail, researches issues and provides recommendations.
• May provide training/direction to other non-exempt personnel.
• Minimum three (3) years of secretarial/administrative or comparable experience.
• 2-year degree required, 4-year degree preferred.
• Advanced writing, reading and arithmetic skills required.
• Ability to respond to top level management inquiries and assemble highly confidential/sensitive information.
• Strong customer service skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management internal/external.
• Initiative and analytical ability to research and prepare reports.
• Proficient with software used by the department (i.e.: KP Payroll System, MS Word, Excel).
• Proficiency in MS Word & MS Excel must be demonstrated through testing.
• Word processing speed: 40 wpm required.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.