Our client has an immediate need for a hands on IT Manager to run a very successful Legal Firm.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Plans, directs and manages the IT Department to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient/secure computer operations to meet current and future business needs. Manages and leads professional and efficient/secure computer operations to meet current and future business needs. Manages and leads professional staff and a number of consultants.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions for the Firm. This includes providing support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technology solutions.
- Provides firm-wide direction and support in areas of policy and planning for network administration,
- Champions the Firm’s continued implementation of a virtualized environment and SAN Solution.
- Advises Firm leadership on planning, development, implementations and maintenance procedures.
- Leads software application and report development, maintenance and support using tools such as .NET suite and SQL. Utilize SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to create, deploy, and manage reports for each department within the Company. Work to extend, customize and improve reporting functionality as necessary.
- Oversee administration of Enterprise-class applications which may include, but are not limited to, TABS, MS Office, Autonomy Document Management System and Records System, Estates Software, MS Exchange, ESI, Phone System, SQL and other internal applications.
- Establishes technology standards and methods of evaluating economics of applications for use throughout the firm.