We are recruiting Pharmacy Technicians to assist team members, physicians and patients in the daily activities of data entry, answering phone calls and also assists in clarifying physician orders - which are dispensed to our patients. These orders are shipped by our pharmacy warehouse staff to patients or providers as needed.
• Maintains strong knowledge of pharmacy policies and government regulations and enters prescription information accurately.
• Calculates doses needed for patients based on prescription and prescribing guidelines.
• Enters prescription information into pharmacy dispensing system for pharmacist review.
• Enters prescription clarifications taken by the pharmacist into the computer system.
• Assists patients and providers by answering phone calls and then assigning to the appropriate team if needed.
• This position requires registration with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy. Candidates must provide proof of registration prior to being hired.
• Possess excellent communication skills demonstrated by the ability to express ideas clearly through both written and oral communications. Also, the ability to read and interpret documents to carry out instructions.
• Flexibility to change priorities as needed and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
Must be able to pass the background and drug screen requirements.