RemX Irvine is looking for a Cost Accountant for our client who is in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Located in Seal Beach Direct Hire offering $69,000-78,000p/yr.
Cost Accountant Duties:
- Analyze the actual costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Identify monthly material consumption, quantity, labor cost, processing production month end closing and book monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial reporting financial and inventory
- Prepare inventory reports
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts.
- Manage physical inventory cycle count and fixed asset.
- Insure that proper financial controls exist in Inventory, Fixed Assets, and Requisition to Payment.
- Maintain cost accounting system.
- Overseeing the standard costing process, ensuring the proper financial controls are in place.
- Drive improvements in our financial systems.
- Managing fixed asset movement and reconciling to GL accounts.
Training and developing skills of other finance personnele
Cost Accountants Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in a related job or company; Prior experience in Manufacturing Cost Accounting desirable; Prior experience with BPCS/ERPLx and PeopleSoft or similar software systems a plus.
- Possess the ability to understand and correlate complex business issues into simple cause and effect explanations; Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert command of standard MS Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Potential monthly travel required within the U.