Our growing client in Philadelphia has an immediate need for a Software Developer with specific Java and Android experience. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems, building new product lines, and expanding existing products and services. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation. This can be a full time salaried position or a contract to hire position.
- Lead the effort to build out applications, libraries, and services on Android devices to integrate point of sale systems with card readers.
- Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, architects, and developers.
- Execute thorough unit and system testing
- Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
- Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
- Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
- After hours support as needed
- Occasional travel may be required (U.S.)
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
- An understanding of competitive technologies, including:
- Extensive Java experience with various mobile Android platforms/frameworks/libraries is required
- Strong object oriented experience
- Android applications, device communication (USB, blue tooth, TCPIP)
- Standalone robust multi-threaded services
- Coding to interface with devices. It is desired to have experience integrating with POS devices, for example: Verifone, Ingenico, Magtek, Equinox
- Experience building high throughput on line transaction processing
- Interfacing with external web services of all types
- Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services (developing and consuming)
- SQL 2008+, stored procedure development, normalized database development, indexes, keys, etc.
- Strong database design experience including entity relationship diagrams and stored procedure coding
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile/Scrum, Extreme Programming