One of Atlanta’s top CPA/Advisory firms is seeking a Director of Practice Growth (Marketing Director) to take a lead role in growing their firm, overseeing marketing and sales functions, and aligning those functions towards targeted revenue growth. The position will report directly to the CEO/Managing Partner and will have a voice in the direction of firm growth, the services offered, the industries served, and the go-to-market strategy. Forward thinking, this person will be the go-to source for all aspects of sales support, traditional marketing, marketing operations, marketing technology, and product management.
- Developing and executing the firm’s annual growth plan including office plans and segment/niche plans.
- Preparing the marketing and business development budget to support growth plans.
- Implementing and directing all marketing strategy for each initiative.
- Identifying ways to improve ROI on marketing activities.
- Building brand awareness for the firm in our marketplace using a compelling voice, consistent messaging, and storytelling.
- Guiding the actions of niche and marketing teams to support the growth plan.
- Initiating all public relations activities.
- Establishing a revenue-generating website based on optimal site design, usability, conversion strategy, and organic search.
- Ensuring regular communications with clients and prospects via email marketing, marketing automation, and social media.
- Strategizing and planning all in-person and web-based events, including a full-day conference.
- Developing and implementing a content marketing plan designed to capture leads at every stage of the sales funnel.
- Helping to turn segment/niche leaders into thought leaders in their respective areas.
- Developing and assuring proper distribution of marketing support materials.
- Owning the firm’s databases of clients, prospects, news media, and referrals.
- Reinforcing the firm’s sales process through training, coaching, and other activities that drive profitable revenue.
- Coaching professionals on business development pursuits.
- Implementing and overseeing the firm’s pipeline process.
- Supporting the development of proposals.
- Reviewing sales outcomes for improvement areas.
- Overseeing and assisting in the development of buyer-focused winning proposals.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area. Advanced degree a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible management experience overseeing a multi-person marketing team.
- The ability to effectively interact with all levels of firm personnel and external contacts with tact and professionalism while maintaining discretion regarding confidential firm and client matters.
- A "roll-up your sleeves and get it done" attitude.
- Proven experience in support of sales, marketing principles, and product management.
- A change agent with proven ability to bring new ideas, concepts, and processes to a traditional environment.
- Ability to persuasively communicate and sell new concepts and process to all levels within the firm.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the firm’s preferences and priorities.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Participative management style, advocates team concept.
- Extremely client service-oriented and client-focused.
- As this role is deadline-driven, should have the flexibility to work overtime with evening and weekend work occasionally required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Solid business acumen.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including knowledge of AP format.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to delegate appropriately and successfully manage outside resources.
- Can focus on the big picture while also handling the small details.
- Flexible, intelligent, sensitive, and diplomatic.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation, Salesforce, and Pardot a plus.