RemX Irvine is looking for Recent College Grads that would be interested in a Logistics Specialist position and working for our client who is in the Automotive Industry. Temp to hire Long Beach $19.23/hr.
Logistics Specialist Duties:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to data reconciliation and reporting of transportation data to management as requested and maintaining communication with customers, internal sales and carriers while executing the following:
• Assigning shipments to carriers and ensuring an on-time-delivery of trailers to customers.
• Frequent interaction with internal customers and external vendors as necessary to ensure all invoices are received and paid in a timely manner.
• Repositioning trailers as necessary for customer pick-ups.
• Request, receive and analyze reports and data received from 3PL vendor(s)
• Track, trace and analyze outbound and inbound shipments.
• Conduct analysis and provide statistical information on the tracking of product shipment.
• Perform all data reconciliation with proprietary systems
• Prepare statistical data for contract negotiations and participate in negotiations.
• Verify validity and accuracy of inbound and outbound transportation charges prior to processing payment.
• Provide reports to management including the status of yard inventory, in-transit shipments and the inbound & outbound delivery and freight payment process.
• Maintain relationship between vendor(s) and company.
• Audit Proofs of Delivery (POD) to determine subsequent action on invoicing and damage claims.
• Assist in the logistics system process to ensure problem resolution, efficiency, and improved distribution.
• Assist with compliance matters along with all safety & environmental regulations including state, federal and company policies.
Logistics Specialist Requirements: