Our client in the Health Insurance space, has a 6 month + contract opportunity for a QA Analyst.
Works with minimal supervision, evaluates and tests new or modified software programs to validate that they satisfy business requirements. Writes, revises and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design, efficient coding and data integrity to attain desired results efficiently. Able to provide technical expertise to Data Analysis and Reporting and Database Administration regarding report development design, data extraction and analysis of data used for development of new processes, existing processes and report generation.
- Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram and flow chart to determine if program will perform according to user request.
- Develop test plans/approaches and scripts to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability.
- Participate in Inspections and reviews.
- Ensure that proper systems testing are performed with proper documentation created and maintained with the rest of the related artifacts.
- Support and assist with analysis activities and promotion to production of newly developed and modified reports and applications.
- Serve as a QA technical resource Release Management in developing production elevation documentation and any required documentation for SDLC.
- Maintain and foster a collaborative relationship with coworkers and customers and participate in Peer Reviews.
- Interact with programmers and other departments to analyze and strengthen departmental knowledge of operational needs.
- Participates in Change Management meetings and follows the defined change management procedures as requested by Release Management.
- Handle other duties, data analysis or programming projects as assigned.
Key Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree with 5 years experience in managed care and/or indemnity insurance. Experience in
healthcare programming, analysis and quality review is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in performing Quality Assurance testing.
- Must have knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices and tools.
- Experience in review of complex coding methods in diverse programming languages and tools such as: SQL, MSSQL (SSIS/SSRS) and SAS, MicroStrategy Reporting and Informatica PowerCenter.
- Experience in review of coding produced by programming professionals based on experience and analysis of health care information.
- Knowledge of PC-based analysis software, PC based applications such as Excel, Access, Word, SQL Server and .Net as it applies to Quality of programming code.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
- ETL experience is a must
- Automation Experience big plus
- Agile experience big plus