Our client, a non profit improving Healthcare Nationally, has a 9 month contract with long term extension possible.
The Senior DevOps Engineer, is responsible for scaling and further operationalizing internal Continuous Integration (CI), build, and automation infrastructure to smoothly run our systems and automate all aspects of our environment. They will be responsible for collaborating with product architecture, application design, development, and QA processes to deliver software solutions that address current challenges and anticipate the future direction of the organization. This role will implement best practices to create innovative, maintainable, and scalable and quality products to best meet the current needs, maximize reusability for future requirements, and minimize short and long term support costs.
- Work directly with our IT teams by leading and being accountable for the design and delivery of advanced DevOps capabilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to development and support teams
- Collaborates with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are preserved and enhanced by processes introduced by the DevOps team.
- Be an evangelist for DevOps culture, practices, and tooling
- Fulfills the role of thought leader; advocates for sensible changes with follow-through to development, product, and operations teams. Encourages best practice by insuring that changes are tested and recorded to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Creates scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures.
- Collaborates with Operations and Development teams for product design and integration; consults with Networking and IT engineers on architecture design considerations.
- Acts as liaison between multiple departments, especially IT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Evangelize infrastructure changes across the development and QA teams and work to obtain required validation in a timely fashion.
- Own the design and implementation of Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD)/Configuration Management (CM)/Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) toolsets
- Help drive key architectural decisions across the enterprise, particularly as they relate to automation
- Implementing and maintaining automation and configuration management components
- Assisting with configuration and management of CI/CD pipeline (Octopus)
- Assisting with configuration and management of system health and maintenance tools including logging and monitoring solutions
- Contributes to a culture of professionalism, product excellence and process innovation.
- Performs research on emerging technologies and make recommendations about adoption
- Prioritizes changing demands, multi-tasks, and creatively meets tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Assumes and executes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities / Educational Requirements:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, and ability to work closely with others.
- Undergraduate degree in information technology, business or related field.
- Demonstrate excellent personnel and program management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to pay careful attention to detail, schedules and deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and coordinate complex, overlapping projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in PowerShell, Bash, or other shell scripting environment
- 5+ years’ experience with continuous build platform such as TFS Build, TeamCity, or Jenkins
- 5+ years’ experience in a DevOps role, supporting developers by providing appropriate infrastructure for product development, maintaining CI/CD pipelines, helping maintain production environments and SLAs, and making everything repeatable with an infrastructure-as-code mentality.
- Experience with git, Octopus Deploy, TFS preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker a plus