Our client has an immediate need for a Senior UI/UX Designer to join their web application team. This new role offers the opportunity to help build and launch leading-edge financial data and analytic software products for the company and its growing capital markets clientele.
- Work with business users and a team of application developers to translate requirements into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Conduct user research, interviews and surveys, in order to ensure a great user experience and iterate upon the designs.
- Make recommendations on how current processes can be improved as this area of the development team continues to mature.
- Mentor junior designers.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to build user experiences that are functional, intuitive and look great.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have extensive experience with:
- Requirements Analysis, Interface & Interaction Design, Prototyping & Mockups, Usability Testing, and Design Optimization
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustator)
- Proficient in prototype/mockup software (e.g. Sketch, Balsamiq, Zeplin)
- Excellent communication skills
Additionally, experience with the following is preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility and testing tools (e.g. Lighthouse, Google Accessibility Developer Tools)
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Experience working as a member of an Agile development team (as opposed to as part of a separate design department).