This RemX client is one of the premier providers of commercial, industrial, and workplace safety services in the world. Their dramatic growth has created an excellent opportunity for an experienced EHS Manager, to be based in their St. Louis office.
In this role, you will work under the supervision of the EVP of the subsidiary and VP of EHS to provide expertise in the Safety, Health, and Environmental areas. You will assist factory, branch and field management to promote effective safety programs at their assigned factory(ies), branch(es) and job sites within the suspended access businesses. You will ensure the Company remains in compliance with governmental regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA. This is a strategic, high-visibility role with strong career advancement potential, offering a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
This position is ideal for you if you have the following:
- 7+ years EHS experience in an industrial or construction environment
- The ability to travel 75%, domestically and internationally
- Superior communication skills
- The desire to work with a dynamic and growing company
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices; Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures, and programs; Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs; and Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Employee / Supervisor / Temporary Employee Training: Facilitate, document, and ensure all employees, supervisors, and temporary employees receive the company’s required safety training. Conduct safety meetings and training programs for employees.
- Factory, Branch, Field and Job Site Inspections & Observations: Perform inspections to identify hazards and control measures within the workplace. Requires the ability to climb scaffold and enter confined spaces on job sites. Coach and guide employees and management regarding safety compliance issues and safe product applications.
- Transportation Safety Compliance: In coordination with the Transportation Safety Manager, provide leadership, guidance, and program consultation to branch management in the interpretation and application of transportation safety programs, policies, and procedures. Assist with maintaining driver qualification files and records including driver logs and vehicle inspection logs.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assist with the administration of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations such as OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA.
- Customer Interface: Participate in safety initiatives, meetings and program as required by the customer. Work with job site EHS personnel to identify and resolve safety issues.
- Incident / Accident Investigation & Reporting: Respond to incidents as requested. Investigate incidents involving company property, employees, temporary employees, or third-party property. Prepare documentation to ensure an adequate investigation and preservation of evidence is completed. Analyze incident/accident data to identify specific trends and hazardous conditions that require an in-depth analysis and recommendations on the development and/or implementation of a policy revision.
- Medical Interface: Work with Area EHS Managers, Branch Managers, and/or local leaders to locate and evaluate medical providers. Coordinate transportation of injured or ill employees to medical facilities, as applicable. Work with medical providers and the Company’s Risk Management Department to help ensure the procedural requirements of the Company’s return to work program are followed.
- Administrative: Carry out supervisory duties in accordance with safety company policies and collective bargaining agreements. Compile management reports and assist with OSHA record keeping requirements. Manage any company-authorized safety incentive program at their assigned branch and/or job sites. Administer the emergency response procedures for the branch and/or job site locations. Oversee and approve the purchase of factory, branch and/or job site specific safety equipment for employees. Prepare EHS reports for subsidiary, corporate, and field management as requested.