A growing Atlanta based real estate investment firm is adding to their staff and looking for a Senior Acquisitions Associate!
The firm invests and manages funds on behalf of their principals and co-investors and they currently own and operate approximately 100 unanchored, neighborhood shopping centers and they’re growing rapidly through acquisitions!
This person will play a key role on their Acquisitions & Investments Team, responsible for sourcing, underwriting, conducting due diligence, and closing on investment opportunities in markets throughout the Southeast, Midwest, and Southwest.
The Sr. Acquisitions Associate will report to the Director of Acquisitions & Investments, and the position will entail a substantial amount of autonomy and responsibility within a well-capitalized real estate investment firm.
- Review and analyze preliminary investment information received for potential investments; travel & tour target markets to gain insight & source additional deals.
- Conduct market investigation of potential acquisitions, competitive properties and local market fundamentals, including analysis of sales and demographic trends.
- Participate in & conduct financial analysis of investment opportunities, including the creation of cash flow and pro-forma models.
- Create investment memoranda and reports, utilizing judgment to develop opinions on underwriting assumptions & pricing & return thresholds; assist in negotiations.
- Participate in the execution property level due diligence.
- Assist in transaction management, maintaining involvement through post-acquisition transition processes.
- Interface with external partners/operators, property managers, leasing brokers, vendors and other consultants.
- Perform general research and analysis as related to the development of the firm’s proprietary analytics platform.
- Proactively develop industry relationships and potential deal-sourcing network contacts.