Human Resource Manager (up to $110k plus 20% bonus)
Exciting opportunity to join a national, industry leading firm in the real estate development/home building space! Office location is North of Atlanta.
- Responsible for efficiently delivering all facets of the Atlanta Division's human resources functions, managing the HR operational needs as it relates employee relations, staffing, compliance and overall day to day HR needs, and acting as a business partner to the Division President and management team at the location.
- Efficiently deliver all facets of the divisions human resources functions by working closely with the division leadership and the Corporate HR team to ensure we are hiring the best possible talent, handling benefit administration and employee’s questions, processing and managing the division payroll process, and working with managers in conjunction with the Corporate HR team on employee relations matters.
- Participate in division staff meetings, strategic planning, employee hiring decisions and overall division assessments on a regular basis. Provide the Division President with a constant “pulse check” on employee morale, discipline issues and potential problems. Ensure that the division is operating at the highest standards and maintaining professionalism and confidentiality
- Must be able to coordinate various activities across departmental lines on behalf of the Division Presidents with little supervision. This individual must be able to run a series of ongoing, detail oriented administrative personnel programs with no supervision and no errors.
Major Functional Responsibilities:
- Administration of the company benefit plans: group health insurance, life & AD&D insurance, LTD insurance, 401K, flexible spending, FMLA
- Payroll processing twice a month, working closely with Corporate HR team
- Ensure that employees are operating within the AWH Company policies and that there is full awareness and understanding
- Handling employee relations issues at the division level
- Responsible for assisting with the recruiting and on-boarding process of all division employees and ensuring compliance with all pre-screening processes.
Human Resources Management
- The Human Resources Manager will direct the implementation of critical corporate initiatives in support of integration, sharing of best practices, general compliance and continuous improvement.
- Partner effectively with employees, managers and corporate contacts to handle general HR demands.
- Lead, manage and roll out special projects for Ashton Woods.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Ability to investigate employee situations and discern fair and appropriate next steps with guidance and assistance from the Corporate HR staff.
- Create, improve and administer human resource policies and procedures.
- Determine implementation strategies and customization requirements for HR plans, programs, processes, and tools to ensure the divisions’ needs are met.
- Maintain company employment files. Ensure that each file meets all corporate and division enclosure requirements. Ensure that all contractual and disciplinary actions are recorded and updated as required.
- Administer the various company benefit programs through the Benefits portal to include 401(k), healthcare, disability, worker’s compensation and PTO as designated within the Company’s programs.
- Accurately disseminate information, ensure 100% completion of required paperwork and ensure compliance with applicable law and company policy.
- Manage the payroll process for the Division. Work directly with the Corporate Payroll Manager to ensure timely and accurate distribution of employee pay, commissions and bonuses.
- Actively participate in hiring process; to include job posting, resume review, interviewing and final vetting process of division personnel.
- Work with managers in conjunction with the Corporate HR team on employee relations matters.
- Assist in the management of the division annual personnel review program. Ensure that all annual reviews are conducted on time and submitted to the Division President and Corporate HR for review. Ensure that all paperwork and administrative actions comply with corporate policy and are tendered to Corporate HR SVP on a timely basis.
- Manage employee awards and employee activities programs to ensure that programs are kept within the bounds established by company policy and culture.
- Coordinate with leadership team on all division functions, to include: quarterly employee meetings, holiday party, special events & projects, awards and division communication.
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- 4-year degree from accredited college/university (Business or HR degree)
- 5 years’ experience in human resources/executive support/legal
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to listen well, comprehend and analyze situations
- Systems-oriented way of thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships within all areas of the company
- Experience in safety management and handling workers compensation a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience processing payroll
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, network administration)
- Experience in the construction industry preferred
- Organizational skills with proven aptitude for multi-tasking