My client a leader in their industry and top employer in the San Diego area is seeking a highly skilled Business Analyst to support the PMO department. The Business Analyst will formulate and define proposed solutions, scope and objectives through research, client interface, and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Candidate must have strong relationship building skills with both internal management and external customers.
- Participates in the development of functional business requirements and helps users assess relative priorities for both business process and technology solutions.
- Understands business processes and priorities. Evaluates alternative business process and technology solutions and participates in making technology recommendations to enhance business operations.
- Develops business requirements, functional designs, process maps, user test plans, and training materials associated with business process and technology solutions. Facilitates client involvement in User Acceptance Testing.
- Works collaboratively with peers to coordinate the overall delivery of technology solutions to the business groups.
- Develops working knowledge of the client’s industry and uses this information to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assists in providing recommendations to technical business requirements, business objectives, budgets and timelines. Assists Project Manager with providing cost estimates for project related tasks.
- Teams with senior leadership and the application development group or suppliers to ensure a timely, accurate and cost-effective solution to IT business needs.
- Interfaces with the application development test team to validate test results for new applications verifying that they meet the requirements of their business group.
- Facilitates communication between IT and end users.
5+ years business analysis experience
College degree from a top university
Experience using Agile
Prefer experience working with top consulting firms
Working knowledge of CRM projects
Working knowledge of Agile development life cycle
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to understand business processes and translate into technical specifications
Solid problem solving and analytical skills
Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
Client-focused approach with outstanding interpersonal skills
Working knowledge of system development life cycle concepts
Ability to provide cost estimates on project tasks
Highly skilled with Microsoft Visio