Our growing, award-winning client in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a high level Manual QA Analyst who is up to the task of working in a fast paced, high demand environment. This is a contract to hire position.
- Have opportunities to learn many different technologies and business industries.
- Be rewarded for working effectively, diligent, self-sufficient, and by inspiring innovation.
- Work with team identifying testing gaps, proper coverage, and testing approach relative to complex integrations and system use cases.
- Work with engineers on troubleshooting and identifying root causes of dev issues and production issues alike
- Produce test cases, specifications, and other technical documentation
- Responsible for the quality of the scrum in the Agile process
- Collaborates with the Business and System Analysts during requirements development to ensure the needs are testable
- Is accountable for testing all business requirements across numerous software applications
- Utilizes time managements skills to proactively balance the workload of multiple, concurrent initiatives, so that all deliverables are met on time and with quality
- Create Test strategies and plans.
- Write and modify automated test scripts.
- Map business and technical requirements into test suites, test cases and test scripts.
- Identify, document and assist in resolution of all defects related to test suite execution.
- Support Partner Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Validate new software in the production environment.
- Support post-deployment efforts to align with “warrantee” period.
- Identify future product enhancement opportunities.
- Collaborates with peers, vendors, QA groups (internal and external) and development groups for test planning and execution, defect detection and resolution, risk mitigation, and production implementation
- Conducts thorough product testing using manual and automated testing techniques
- The QA software Engineer will work closely with developers, business analysts and product managers throughout the release process.
- Various levels of testing are required including feature, system, integration, security, performance, load and others
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience with Manual Testing
- Scripting and Python experience are helpful, but this position will be mostly manual testing in a software production environment
- Strong C# Coding knowledge with .NET framework
- Testing Experience in a software production environment is highly preferred
- SQL Server (T-SQL, PL/SQL) experience
- Experience With Azure or other cloud
- Deployments And Continuous Integration
- Agile Development & SDLC Expertise
- Mobile & Web Testing expertise
Understanding and/or experience in the following is a plus:
- Development & Administration of such systems as Jira, Confluence, Service Desk for Jira
- PCI policies and best practices
- Knowledge of the payment industry, including EMV, eCommerce sites, industry best practices
- Experience with software development or scripting using Java, .Net, Lua, Perl, etc.
- POS systems/hardware experience a plus: Micros Point of Sale, Ingenico, VeriFone in various industries (retail, hotel, ecommerce, restaurant)