Our client is currently seeking a Database Architect Full time opportunity - W2 Only
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to successful and on-time delivery of database and database related software supporting the company’s data storage and access needs, data warehouse, and reporting infrastructure. Develop well informed task estimates for any projects worked and execute work and report status against planned tasks. Provide technical support to application development team, and assume ultimate responsibility for physical database designs.
- Produce high quality designs and optimal solutions against requirements, architectural guidelines, and performance expectations. Create training materials and facilitate knowledge transfer. Maintain documentation providing status of database servers in terms of support, size, version, usage, scalability and role.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 7-10 years developing business applications and database solutions
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience.
- Sound understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modeling, data warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Proficient with data warehouse, ETL, and/or data integration across enterprise systems, data analysis, and data transformation
- Proficient with Microsoft SQLServer, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, SQL Server Management Studio, Power Shell, SSIS, and SSRS
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder
- Experience with Oracle database development is a plus including SQL, PL/SQL, Database Triggers, Database Stored Procedures, Oracle Enterprise Manager Tools and TOAD
- Experience with C# and ASP.NET is desired
- Experience with Entity Framework is desired
- Experience in administration of SQL Server databases is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud databases and services is a plus
- Experience in administration of Oracle databases is a plus
- Work in a fast-paced continual learning environment. Requires independent education with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies to solve business issues
- Ability to translate business objectives into programming initiatives and requirements.