Seeking an affable and eloquent Business Analyst to improve systems efficiency by studying departmental functions and requirements, describing and analyzing information needs, recommending and developing superior methods and procedures, and writing functional requirements for programmers to develop new or enhance existing systems. Participate in a variety of projects, documenting procedures, and recommending improvements in products.
- Improve current systems and operating efficiency by studying an assigned unit’s practices, procedures, problems, functions and methods; confer with managers and employees to identify and confirm detailed requirements and operational objectives; evaluates input and output requirements, processes and formats.
- Design computer subsystems by describing and analyzing information requirements using workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities with regard to presentation logic and user needs, and writing program specifications for either internal programmers or external vendors to develop.
- Establish and track project plans by sequencing project interim goals, determining time frames, tracking activity, resolving problems, recommending actions, reviewing vendor and programming estimates and publishing results.
- Use detailed analysis and description of current processes to recommend changes in procedures, methods and controls; provide reference for users by writing process documentation, providing support or help and conduct training when needed; prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Engage in QA process, developing testing methods and test data.
- Perform unit and system testing, resolving errors.
- Respond to support requests in a timely, professional and quality manner.
- Keep Management informed of task status and issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.