Our client, a leading provider of vitamins and nutritional products in the US headquartered in the Somerville, NJ area, is seeking a Logistics Customer Service Rep to join their team.
The company has been experiencing tremendous growth and the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the company.
The Logistics Customer Service Representative is responsible for accurate and timely communication with all customers (internal and external) to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled, received, allocated, routed, labeled and shipped in compliance with customer requirements / contract.
Essential Job Functions
- Tracking international shipments and ensuring proper documentation is utilized and available (proper invoice, packing lists, bills of lading, customs clearance) and without errors
- Continual monitoring of shipments and their progress through US customs and take necessary measures to retrieve cargo should issues arise
- Be able to handle multiple incoming orders with multiple warehouse locations
- Update order management sheets with incoming shipment information from overseas
- Coordinate with warehouses and truckers to ensure shipments are pulled from the ports in a timely manner
- Write orders to vendors overseas and confirm that all information on the order is accurate
- File paperwork with customs
- Maintain the continuous filing system of all pending, inbound, and received shipments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact directly with customers, vendors, and co-workers
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate to complete daily tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel as well as aptitude and willingness to learn computer-based applications
- Able to change direction and focus on a separate task when the need arises
- Strong attention to detail, able to proofread and spot mistakes