The Software Developer is a technical role tasked with developing application solutions that are robust, scalable, reusable, and maintainable. The individual in the role brings knowledge of modern programming languages and software development best practices. The result is high quality software delivered in rapid intervals that meets the client’s business requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code, test, implement, and assist in the design of software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
- Develop solutions geared towards high performance and loosely coupled services.
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and maintain high standards for the code base.
- Keep up to date with current trends in computing, application architecture, and cloud computing services.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating and maintaining standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Provide guidance and oversight for systems implementation vendors and junior software developers.
- Review support requests and identify opportunities for preventing common issues.
- Periodically evaluate code and systems for potential improvements and offer automation and tools that can be integrated into existing systems and new initiatives.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Other duties as assigned.