RemX has a new opening with our client who is a leader in the transportation equipment industry. This is an excellent opportunity available for a Senior Specialist position in the Accounting Department. It is a temp to hire role paying $19.00/hour during the temp period and a $45k salary upon permanency.
The primary purpose of this position is to handle new Third-Party Order processing, which involves receiving quotations from external vendors, creating sales orders, creating purchase orders based on sales orders, arranging deliveries to customers, posting goods receipts and creating invoices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
60% Processing Sales Orders, Purchase Order and Update Delivery Status:
- Send inquiry for quotation to vendors
- Send quotations to Customers
- Receive, confirm and process third party sales orders with customers.
- Create and process Purchase Orders to vendors and monitor its production/delivery schedule
- Create, process weekly and monthly 3rd party parts orders.
- Coordinate with Procurement Department on specialty parts, identify possible substitution.
25% Coordinating Parts Shipment:
- Maintain and update customer with shipment information when parts are ready for pick up at vendor's facility
- Maintain and update customer of shipment schedule when HT arranges the shipment to customer
- Coordinate and arrange required custom document to clear customs for parts coming from overseas
- File packing slips, prioritized loading sheet, photo record, Bill of Lading (BOL) and maintain these records corresponding to each Sales Order folder for future claim issue
- Create Commercial Invoice and Certificate of Origin according to the NAFTA policy for international shipment to Mexico and Canada
10% Processing Invoices and Customer Claims:
- Coordinate with Accounting Department to establish new account with new customer & new vendor
- Process all invoices to customers & to vendors; maintain hard-copy and digital record of all invoices
- Process and maintain records of all freight bills on all shipments
- Create and process credit and debit memos for special sales, claims and returns
- Process and manage any customer claims (damaged, lost, wrong or missing parts)
- Upon payment confirmation received from Accounting Department, update and archive Sales Orders
- Follow up with customers on all outstanding Account Receivables and late payments
- Archive all records for completed Sales Orders at the end of the year
- Send weekly part status report to customer
- Answer incoming call from customers and inter departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned