A leader in the manufacturing industry in Central NJ is recruiting for a Senior Accountant to add to their team. The Senior Accountant job will play a key role on the accounting and finance team by delivering timely and accurate information to provide a sound basis for management decisions. The Senior Accountant job will be exposed to all areas of the accounting department so the individual in the position can continue to grow their career with the company.
Senior Accountant job responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly financial reports and distribute to regional programs.
- Journalize monthly transactions and allocation accruals to the finance general ledger within expected timeframes.
- Reconcile bank account and balance sheets monthly.
- Prepare financial reports for funders as needed for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Monitor accounting for all agency fixed assets.
- Collaborate with agency staff to assist in general ledger item resolution.
- Research and provide expertise on solutions to potential accounting concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Three years accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in finance/accounting principles.
- Strong skills in utilizing computer software required, with an emphasis on Excel and Great Plains preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail required.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing firm. This job starts out on a contract basis with the opportunity to become permanent.
Why choose RemX?
- Benefits: You are eligible for medical, dental, vision insurance benefits, and 401K
- Permanent Employment: Many of our job openings lead to potential permanent employment
- Connections: RemX is a national staffing and executive search firm with offices throughout the entire country and has been in the NJ/NYC/PA market since 2004 - we have relationships with a broad range of companies in the area and can help you get connected.
- Options: Our team works to identify great options that meet your requirements for location, company culture and salary.
- Professional Development: You are provided with advice on the hiring process and valuable insight on the best way to format your resume to attract the attention of hiring managers.