SUMMARY OF POSITION: Working under minimal supervision, responsible for the analysis, design, coding and unit level testing of enhancements, maintenance changes, and new development for application software as well as ensuring that programming and design standards, timeframes and deliverables are met.
• Design, code, test and implement changes to existing or new application software and associated components with minimal assistance or direction.
• Follow all Application Systems Design and Development Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and procedures.
• Ensure that proper unit level testing is performed with proper documentation created and maintained with the rest of the related artifacts.
• Participate in Inspections and reviews as assigned by ASD2 management.
• Work with team members, or independently to resolve production problems.
• Provide production support for batch and on-line environments.
• Assist in capturing business requirements for application development, enhancement or modification.
• Prepare programming time estimates.
• Achieve project goals and deliverables within prescribed timeframes.
• Maintain project scope on all assignments.
• Inform management of any critical issues affecting project deliverables or scope in a timely manner
• Maintain current and correct documentation for all reports and software generated reporting supported by unit.
• Ensure all programming, design, production control, data validation and quality control standards are met.
• Perform peer reviews of co-workers program code and program/project outputs as assigned by Manager, Application Systems Design and Development.
• Prepare effective written and oral reports, and presentations as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or working equivalent with information technology. Minimum 6 years programming, design and analysis experience using the following: Visual Basic/.Net, SQL Server