Our client has an immediate need for an AIX support and system administrator to join their team.
AIX Systems Administrator
• Provides AIX administration and support
• PowerVM virtualization - configuration and management
• Installation and patching of Operating System and other software
• Works on problem resolution for basic system issues such as backup failures, user management, error report resolution, full disk/filesystem issues, and system monitoring
• Provides hands-on support for servers and operating systems
• Provides recommendations and implementations of system tuning and configuration changes
• Supports system issues and assist with tasks such as:
• General troubleshooting
• Creating and disabling accounts
• Monitoring of systems and error logs
• Monitor backup jobs
• Ability to log, track, and follow-up on open problems with users and vendor support
• Assists with day-to-day management of general server issues
• Maintains technical documentation to reflect changes to the environment
• Creation and refinement of existing operational scripts
• Documentation and change management
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years of AIX experience with knowledge of pSeries, AIX, LPARs, VIO / PowerVM virtualization, NIM
• SAN and HACMP knowledge preferred
• IBM AIX and related certifications preferred
• Some experience with Linux preferred
• Comfortable with short-term engagements with multiple customers on an ongoing basis.
• Excellent communication skills are essential
• On call requirements may be required.
• Local travel may is required on an as needed basis.
The majority of the work is in the Harrisburg area, but may have to travel to other locations as needed. Must have the ability to work from your home office as needed.