Our growing client in Center City, Philadelphia is seeking to hire a Desktop & Applications Engineer for a 6 month contract position, based in the Philadelphia office. The Desktop & Applications Engineer is responsible for backfilling the day-to-day operational work of the Desktop Engineer and others so internal resources can focus on more strategic work, namely the highly visible Windows 10 / Office 365 / iManage 10 project. The Desktop & Applications Engineer may also be asked to complete select supporting tasks related to the Windows 10 and other projects. The Desktop & Applications Engineer will report to the Technical Support Services Manager and work very closely with the Desktop Engineer and Sr. Desktop Analyst / Team Lead to complete assigned work.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions:
- The Desktop and Applications Engineer’s time will be spent, primarily, on day-to-day desktop and applications support work including expert troubleshooting of escalated hardware and software issues, packaging and deployment of Innova 7.6, Change-Pro 10.2, Adobe DC, iManage 9.3.5 and other outdated software required prior to the deployment of Windows 10. This position is also responsible for executing the monthly OS and application patch management procedure requiring some flexibility to work evening hours.
- Troubleshoots and resolves escalated or overflow tickets that are time sensitive or beyond the Desktop Analysts’ knowledge level; update service tickets with details and current status.
- Package applications and install using SCCM.
- Excellent command of Group Policy management, the windows registry, and the installation, storage, and removal of applications/programs via MSI.
- Coordinate routine Firm-wide installation, update, repair, support and maintenance activities for desktop and laptop computers according to the standards of the Firm’s Information Technology Department.
- Create and update documentation on system designs, procedures, and processes.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints and interruptions, with minimal direction or supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful job applicants will use proven experience and necessary skills to complete the assigned work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent experience required. Technical certifications a plus.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in desktop engineering, application support, and supporting operating systems in a Microsoft Windows enterprise environment.
- Prior experience working as a service desk / help desk technician and a desktop analyst in a Microsoft centric multi-office business is ideal.
- Experience in a law firm environment will be helpful.
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting strongly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of SCCM, packaging and application deployment in a multiple office enterprise environment required.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
- Advanced knowledge with user profiles, folder redirection, and Windows registry.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office application customizations, and add-ins.
- Experience with the following technologies will be helpful – iManage Work Document Management System, GPO, Windows 7 and Windows 10, SCCM Imaging or similar deployment tools, Apple and MAC, Innova, Airwatch, Relativity and others.
- Extensive knowledge with implementing information security technical controls including Cylance endpoint protections, Bitlocker, McAfee, Zscaler, Windows security policies, digital certificates, file permission, AD security or other similar products.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, VPN, load balancing, DHCP, VPN, and PXI Boot.