RemX Staffing is looking for a Payroll Supervisor for a client in San Francisco, CA!
Position Summary: The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for managing all functions of an assigned payroll department. This includes the preparation of documents and information required for processing of payroll; the filing and logging of information stored in personnel files; disbursement of payroll on a periodic basis and ensuring information is held in a confidential manner.
- Through subordinate employees, ensures the accurate and timely processing of periodic payroll, wage garnishment, union deductions, special payments and other payroll related processing.
- Ensures all proper documentation accompanies non-standard transactions according to company policy.
- Ensures employee data files are accurate, complete and securely kept. Maintains appropriate logs and tracking of employee files.
- Ensures the accuracy of employee payroll information through appropriate adherence to data entry protocols and periodic audits.
- Trains and supervises assigned personnel. Responsible for ensuring department policies, standards, and practices are followed.
- Supervises periodic payroll closes and tax reporting.
- Reports and Reconciles quarter and year end taxes.
- Ad hoc payroll reports utilizing Cognos and other database tools.
- Provides status and other reports for management as requested and supports Management staff as needed.
- Responsible for performance evaluation, coaching, counseling and preparing corrective action for employees and liaises appropriately with HR representative.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM (need availability to work some Saturdays)
Paid weekly with benefits!
**This is a 3 month contract to hire position.**