Under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day operations and processing of weekly multi-state payroll for union and non-union shop, plant, and confidential office employees in a highly seasonal industry. Role provides quality customer service to all employees.
- Oversees efficient and accurate, compliant and timely processing of weekly payroll, off-cycle adjustments and special payments. Ensures benefit accruals are accurate and processed in accordance with contract guidelines and company policies.
- Provides direct supervision, guidance, support and training to Payroll team; manages workloads and evaluates work performance.
- Reviews, verifies, updates, reconciles, and maintains payroll records and reports associated with new hires, rehires, wage increases, transfers, promotions, tax information, insurance deductions, credit union, and other payroll and garnishment deductions.
- Assists in the review of Union contracts, rates, and benefits to identify payroll changes to be implemented and verifies the accuracy of changes made. Updates master rate sheets and distributes to appropriate business partners.
- Provides supervision and support to Payroll team in all areas related to banking such as stop payments, reissued checks, direct deposit, banking reports, positive pay, and pay card files. Ensures files are reconciled and transmitted daily to third party providers.
- Researches and responds to payroll inquiries and problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports as required by management, regulatory and outside agencies.
- Secures and manages the maintenance of payroll records and timekeeping system and files.
- Participates in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems used in Payroll functions. Identifies and recommends required programming changes to be completed by IT.
- Audits and analyzes payroll records for accuracy and reasonableness, as well as supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Coordinates, develops and maintains written documentation regarding payroll procedures and processes necessary for reference and training material.
- Completes special projects as assigned by Manager.