RemX is seeking a Logistics Coordinator for a Temp to Hire position in Kennesaw, GA. Pay: $18/hr
This position will be working in the Supply Chain/Logistics field and is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door with a Global company.
You will supply equipment to shippers, truckers and railroads while managing inventory.
The Logistics Coordinator will:
- Do Daily tracking and releasing of equipment for all depots/terminals in the area to ensure accurate inventory records
- Assure that customers obtain equipment which meets their shipping needs in a timely fashion
- Control and manage temporary import permits and paperwork before customs authorities
- Creates empty bookings as required
- Re-positions containers that are sold, or for sale, to the buyer
- Planning and steering empty container on vessel, barge and feeder
- Track and trace overdue equipment to ensure faster turn-around and decrease of turn- around times
- Issue works orders to re-position equipment by rail and/or by truck
- Ensure that all equipment is at the appropriate location
- Update various reports and cleans the error file
- Control costs for positioning equipment and evaluates vendor performance
- Handle inquiries relating to equipment releases or inventory availability
- Review gate in, gate out and empty container transport invoices
The Logistics? Coordinator requirements:
- Maritime industry experience is preferred.
- Must understand most shipping terms; can use a dictionary to find terms not recognized. Is willing to clarify shipping terms unique to a location. Understands routings, schedules and general practices of various countries, carriers, ports and terminals.
- Knows what type of equipment must be made available at what locations, depending on shipping schedules and types of goods shipped. Understands the characteristics and capabilities of various carriers and knows where to locate special equipment needed and with whom the company contracts.
- Uses questioning to identify the specific problems and related information. Logically determines approach to solving the immediate problem. Identifies parties that need to be involved in tracing shipments and issues. Makes appropriate contacts and works out a reasonable solution.
- Uses word processing software efficiently and effectively. Uses spreadsheet software as a tool for tracking work. Uses other software appropriate to work demands and effectively applies other components of MSOffice required by the job.
- College degree is required.