RemX Staffing is looking for an Authorization Specialist for a client in Pittsburgh, PA!
Position Summary: Works with departments and insurance companies to obtain the necessary pre- Certifications, authorizations and referrals for services ordered/scheduled.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of insurance companies and billing authorization/referral requirements.
- Ensures insurance carrier documentation requirements are met and authorization/referral documentation is scanned and documented in the patient’s medical record.
- Communicates with other prior authorization/referral specialists, patient account representatives and coders to continually monitor changes in the health insurance arena.
- Reviews and submits all follow-up authorizations, re-certifications and referrals.
- Appeals denials and/or set-up peer to peer reviews.
- Pre-screens appointment schedules and works 1-2 weeks out with provider schedules along with checking daily add-ons.
- Has knowledge of online authorization sites (Availity, eviCore, OrthoNet, ect) as well handling them via phone.
- Experience working with multiple physicians.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8AM - 5PM
Paid weekly with benefits!