This position provides effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the organization. Also provides branch collection support for customer service and administration.
The ideal candidates would come from building material companies, companies that require counter sales , or candidates that have worked with plumbing because they would understand the pipe measurements.
- Interacts with customers to establish ongoing value added relationships
- Manages all aspects of customer relationships from quotation through payment of invoices.
- Works with branch customers to solve payment issues to lower branch DSO.
- Become a reliable resource to customers and co-workers on sales order status and information.
- Show initiative by identifying and analyzing problems and proposing acceptable solutions.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Receives sale calls, quotation requests, faxes, mail, EDI, email, and will-call orders
- Provides inventory and pricing information
- Coordinate with outside sales, purchasing, billing, management, and warehouse customer issues..
- Enters or processes delivery ticket/shop orders.
- Produce and negotiate customer quotations and proposals
- Contacts customers concerning late payments, invoicing issues, and other issues involving credit and receivable items for
- branch assigned accounts. Reports collection status to AR and management.
- Occasionally attends client visits with sales representatives.
- Informs and complies with company return goods policy.
- Assists outside sales in order processing and customer services.
- Quote follow-up and track lost sales reports as well as expediting all customer inquiries and orders.
- Arrange direct and/or hot shot deliveries to correct customer problems.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Assist in physical inventory
- Assist will call customers in placing orders.
- Participate in special projects as requested by management.