Our client, a leading software development company in Philadelphia is experiencing explosive growth and looking for a Senior Project Manager with exemplary leadership to drive the delivery of our products and services.
The Senior Project Manager is focused on managing multiple work streams to deliver new products, services, and enhancements to our platform and product suite. You will work closely with customers and partners across enterprises, large and small, to manage projects through the full software development life cycle. This includes requirements definitions, coordinating engineering and design activities, project and resource planning, prioritization, Agile SCRUM story boarding, development, testing, and implementation. The Senior Project Managers work closely with Senior Management, Account Managers, Engineering, Systems Integration, QA, and our technical support teams.
Senior Project Managers have a direct impact on driving successful results, fostering strong relationships with customers and partners, driving quality, and directly impacting customer satisfaction.
- Manage software delivery and certification projects through all phases of the life cycle to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client, stakeholders, partners, and vendors through the delivery of each project.
- Work directly with clients (at all levels of management) to establish and define scope, high level and detailed requirements. Demonstrated knowledge of the products and services and how to best fit existing offerings with customer’s requirements. You will become a high-level expert on platforms and offerings and be able to fill in gaps on the fly and bring back specifics for the engineering team to answer.
- Participate in the creation of statement of work contracts, proposals, quotes and estimates, project budgets
- Manage all facets of project artifacts and documentation (requirements, design, release information, training material, flow diagrams, communication artifacts, approvals, etc.)
- Structure deliverables into stories and help drive Sprint plans and sprint execution, work with management on resource allocation and prioritization
- Manage and track all deliverables to the work/project plan, own the plan, ensure on time on budget delivery. Collaborate with other project managers, delivery managers, and senior managers to align resources to the plan
- Establish communication plans and schedules. Provide frequent project updates to all stakeholders within the company and the client
- Coordinate meetings with clients, partners, integrators, and internal resources such as engineers, system integration analysts, etc.
- Coordinate and manage vendor or 3rd party work streams. Closely align with client and vendor project managers on timely and successful delivery
- Track and report all project expenditures
- Act as the single point of contact for all delivery streams as it relates to software development, system integrations, certifications, and quality assurance
- Participate in pre-sales calls with Account Managers and Sales Representatives as needed
- Recommend and implement internal process, policy, and quality improvements
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives for products and services, product roadmap and tactical discussions. Participate in aligning IT with business goals and objectives
- Foster a culture of team work, collaboration, proactive and positive communication
- Actively take various roles outside of the immediate responsibilities as needed on an interim basis; such as account management, customer facing support and first point of contact, assist in implementation coordination (point of sale setup and deployment), help coordinate production support and resolution
- Project Managers work standard work weeks but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones
- Travel, primarily within the U.S., less than 30%.