Medical Records Clerk needed for a customer in the Coeburn, VA area. This is a temporary assignment that could become permanent for a well-qualified candidate. The preferred candidate will have experience in a high-volume hospital setting. This is a Monday-Friday position.
Medical Records Clerk Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responds to requests tor patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately
- Obtains documentation requested by healthcare professionals, such as test results that are not yet filed in medical records.
- Follows procedures, protocols and rules to perform job duties while adhering to regulations and policies set forth by company
- Maintains and protects sensitive and private information by keeping patient records confidential in accordance with HIPAA, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Accepts ownership and responsibility for all actions, tasks and requests to enhance medical records management and Urgent care compliance and reputation
- Maintains excellent communication while maintaining a courteous demeanor and professional attitude.
- Engages in ongoing training, education and professional activities to enhance knowledge, skills and professionalism
- Invoice attorney offices tor medical records request.
- Performs other clerical tasks as needed, such as answering phones and faxing.
Medical Records Clerk Skills and Qualifications
- High school Diploma required
- Two years’ experience in medical records setting
- Understanding of medical terminology
- 30 wpm
- Results and deadline driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team Player