Long term contract with the option to hire opportunity for a System Engineer with a premier client in Blue Bell, PA
The Systems Engineer installs and maintains the company’s server infrastructure including operating software, server management software, system backups, virus protection and email systems.
- Specifies, configures, and maintains server hardware, UPS hardware, and storage/SAN hardware as well as server operating system software, UPS management software, and storage/SAN management software.
- Participates in the development and implementation of trouble handling procedures to minimize service outages.
- Optimizes systems and environments relative to business and technology needs.
- Designs and implements systems, environments and support for enterprise wide systems.
- Specify, install, configure, maintain, and administer one or more infrastructure applications (e.g. Active Directory, Citrix, Vmware, Exchange, Skype for Business, Office 365, SCCM, Veeam, and EMC Networker).
- Subject Matter Expert on specific system or technology.
- Point of escalation for complex issues. Works with vendors for resolution.
- Optimizes systems and environments based on business and technology needs.
- Review, improve, and approve technical work of junior level team members.
- Takes preemptive measures to minimize interruptions in service.
- Participate in the development of SOPs, work instructions, procedures, and policies related to maintenance, administration, and support of systems.
- Mentor junior member of team and train on solving systems related issues