Global Director/Senior Director of Software Development
My global client in the cloud software business is looking for a Global Director/Senior Director of Software Development. This individual will be responsible for a global team of managers over the software development function, located in the United States, India and Europe. This is a new position that both pulls together teams from different parts of the organization into a single unit and will work to grow the team by fifty percent in the next year.
The ideal individual will come from a technology company and will be used to the fast pace of a small (500 to 1000 people) organization that is growing rapidly. Additionally, this individual should:
- Come from a software development environment, ideally starting their career as a developer
- Have experience directly interacting with clients and being an active participant in the sales process
- Have experience managing and growing a global team
- Have strong people management, relationship management and client management skills
- Have ability to work with all aspects of the business in a matrixed environment
- Ability to interact internally and externally at the highest organizational levels
- Expert knowledge and experience working with cloud solutions and architectures
- Experience with more than one of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, IBM, Google Cloud, etc.
- Technical competence. While you are not expected to be a coder, you should have enough hands on knowledge and experience to add value and drive decisions that are in the best interests of the organization and the team
- Experience managing other managers
- Strong analytics orientation
- Superb communication and presentation skills
This is an amazing opportunity for an exceptional individual who wants to grow with an exciting, growing organization.