RemX has partnered with a local university to assist in their search for a Director of Financial Services. This would be a contract-to-hire opportunity and it is an immediate need. Qualified candidates with a background in education please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Director of Financial Services Job Description:
- Responsible for awarding of institutional, federal, state and private scholarships, grants, and loans including merit, need-based, and non-need based financial aid funding.
- Lead the financial services department including training and developing team members to deliver consistent compliance and high satisfaction with the financial aid departments services.
- Develop the office’s systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with governmental and university policy.
- Manage the billing, collections, and refunding of student account receivable, as well as the posting of student payments and financial aid
- Administer the college’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy for all financial aid recipients
- Communicate financial aid policies to students, families and the University community through presentations and written communications.
- Demonstrate accountability for institutional auditing and maintain accountability for program compliance review of all financial aid sources, including institutional, federal, state, and private
- Manage student loan default prevention and financial literacy programs
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management leadership on financial aid awarding strategy.
Director of Financial Services Requirements:
- Possess a thorough understanding of federal and state regulations and laws related to financial aid
- Strong technological skills including the ability to use PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar
- Student-focused and service oriented attitude
- Commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Serve as a spiritual model through Christian lifestyle.