1. Quickly develops a familiarization with the applicant screening and pre-employment processes by assisting recruiters and other coordinators in the collection of applicant materials. Reviews for completeness and follows up with applicant for missing information or documentation. Submits candidate data to background agency for reference, credit history, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Federal and State Enhanced Nationwide Criminal Search, Fraud and Abuse Control Information Systems (FACIS), and Social Security number validation checks. Directs candidates for drug testing. Occasionally coordinates testing with local agencies, for language skills and administrative computer skills. Compares pre-employment screening results to established company policies and guidelines, consults to determine eligibility.
2. Provides potential candidates timely follow up on the pre-screening and hiring process. Answers routine questions. Occasionally greets potential candidates at the main lobby security desk on interview day, to complete new hire paperwork, and/or orientation day, and provides escort to interview/meeting room, orientation location and badge security.
3. Prepares and provides prospective candidates with new hire paperwork to include, company policies, tax forms, demographic information and related materials. Obtains necessary signatures and required identification. Submits identification for verification to the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify system.
4. Trains on Human Resource (HR) systems, such as applicant tracking and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). Enters new hire/rehire data into the HRIS and updates applicant status in tracking system.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition must be personable and able to keep a positive attitude under shifting circumstances.
Associate degree minimum
Previous recruiting coordinator expereince